Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hello and welcome to my new Blog!

Hello and welcome to my new Blog. I will use this blog to share my past, current and future wargaming and battlefielding adventures.

Background

Wargaming- I entered the Wargaming hobby approximately nine years ago. The vast majority of my time up to now has been spent painting and repainting miniatures. I primarily use 10mm and 15mm scale figures and my main area of interest is 18th and 19th century American wars. I would classify my painting skill as slightly above average and I would describe my painting style as simple and neat.

Battlefielding- For the last 15 years traveling the countryand visiting historic military sites has been my number one passion. I bought my first digital camera in 2002 and since then I have taken over 40,000 photos of Battlefields and related sites. Overtime I hope to s hare some of these photos here.

Reenactments- My passion for attending reenactments goes hand in hand with Battlefielding. The first “big” reenactment that I attended was the 225th anniversary of the Battle of Saratoga (2002). Since then I have tried to get to one or two reenactments a year. Over the next four years I plan to attend many of the American Civil War sesquicentennial events.

Thanks for taking the time to read my Blog

-Bryan Olson

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment