Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review: N scale, Early American Structures from Jerry’s Hobby Junction.

One of my biggest concerns before beginning my 10mm Civil War project was the possible lack of a good line of buildings. After doing some searching online and posting on TMP, I was very happy to discover that Jerry’s Hobby Junction was selling a range of resin N scale Early American structures designed by Jim McCarron of Rustic Rails and Musket Miniatures. I have always been a fan of Musket Miniatures 15mm buildings so I was confident that their N scale buildings would be perfect for my 10mm gamming needs.

This range consists of 32 different products including various sized houses, commercial buildings, outbuildings and a two story plantation mansion. I believe that these building were designed to be generic but several reminded me of historic buildings. On top of that they also offer a range of detail items that include tents and field fortifications.

Jerry’s Hobby Junction has a nice web site that offers photos of all their products. The only downside to their website is you can’t place orders online (other than e-mail). I phoned in my order on June 14th. Jerry was very friendly and the order process was simple. To my surprise I received my order on June 17th!

As I was expecting, these building are excellent. They are very clean and have good detail. Even better, my 10mm Pendraken figures scale perfectly to these buildings. I highly recommend these building for use with any 18th or 19th North American conflict. Below are some images of the buildings that I purchased. For more details please see Jerry’s Hobby Junction web site.

Link to Jerry’s Hobby Junction: http://www.jerryshobbyjunction.com/index.html

Note: The figures shown in the following images are 10mm Pendraken mounted on a 3mm base.
SMALL SLAT-WALLED HOUSE
SMALL SLAT-WALLED HOUSE
TWO STORY STONE HOUSE (Front)
TWO STORY STONE HOUSE (Back)
FARMHOUSE or VILLAGE COTTAGE (Left side) and SMALL CABIN (Right side)
FARMHOUSE or VILLAGE COTTAGE (Left side) and SMALL CABIN (Right side)
HOUSE (front)
HOUSE (Back)
TWO STORY WOOD FRAME HOUSE
TWO STORY WOOD FRAME HOUSE
OUTHOUSES and ROOT CELLAR

TWO WOODEN SHEDS


3 comments:

  1. Those buildings made me wish I was playing in that scale! I have been collecting 28mm, and while I don't mind the cost of the figs, the terrain is a pain to find at a decent price. Those buildings look very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring Jerry's Hobby Junction. Jerry is a neat guy -- I trained him in the art of resin casting and he bought several of my lines of buildings. He's trying to build a good business and I hope the 10mm guys will support him as his business grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Jerry's had somehow slipped beneath my radar, and the line (buildings and earthworks) looks great

    ReplyDelete