Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Workbench Update 11/04/2011

I’m back from Fall-In and it’s time to get back to work. This week I’m beginning to prepare for my demo game that I will be running at Walt’s Secrete Santa sale and open house. The sale is on November 19th and I will be running the Hornet’s Nest (Battle of Shiloh). I will be making the official announcement about this event shortly.
For the most part I already have everything I need for this battle painted with the exception of the Confederate grand battery. This battery requires 22 stands of Confederate artillery. I currently only have 12 stands of artillery so this week I’m working on painting the remaining 10 stands. For this batch of artillery I’m using crews and cannons from Old Glory and crews from Perrin. I’m also working on an additional pair of limbers.



Fall-In


As mentioned above last Friday I attended Fall-In. While there, I spent most of my time in the dealer’s hall stocking up. My biggest purchase of the day was 30 packs of Pico 3mm micro armor. This is shaping up to be my next big project. My goal will be to use this micro armor to refight large scale World War 2 battles. For rules I’m looking at using Blitzkrieg Commander or Panzer Korps. I will have more on this in the coming weeks.


While in the flea market I found a stack of old Zouave magazines and a copy of “Enduring Valor, Gettysburg in miniatures Volume One” by Scott Mingus. These finds alone made the trip worth it.


Only four months to Cold Wars.

Happy Gaming
-Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment